Skip to content

Instructions for Transferring Offices

When transferring offices, it is important to realize that your access to the BSC MLS is through your old office's Broker in Charge (BIC). Until you have completed the transfer process, you will not access the MLS under your new office. MLS access is given to you by your new BIC even if you are paid up with your MLS fees through your prior BIC.

Step 1 - Board of Realty Change Form or Copy of MT RE License

  • Brokers can update and Transfer agent's licenses directly through the Montana Department of Labor and Industries Website (For Free). OR of your Broker chooses, you may submit a Board of Realty Regulation change form to the BRR. Please MAKE A COPY. If your Broker chooses this method. We need this form before any changes can be made.

Step 2 - License

  • Obtain a copy of your new pocket card from the state (406-841-2325). This may come a week or so after you've sent in your change form, but we will move forward with your transfer as long as we've received the copy of the BRR change form (see Step 1).

Step 3 - Transfer Paperwork

  • Complete all the Member, Subscriber, and Listing Transfer Forms.
  • Pending listings cannot travel with you to your new office. All pending listings will be transferred to your previous Broker in Charge and remain with the listing office.  You will be responsible for providing the Broker in Charge from your previous office will ALL the sold information immediately after closing.  After the Broker in Charge has closed out the listing on the MLS, the Big Sky Country MLS Staff will then transfer the listing back into your name.

Step 4 - Submit

  • Return all documents to the address below:

Gallatin Association of REALTORS®

2880 Technology Blvd. West, Suite 159

Bozeman, MT 59718

Step 5 - Payment

  • There is a $100 transfer fee that must be paid BEFORE your transfer paperwork can be processed.
  • Payments MUST BE MADE to the Big Sky Country MLS (any checks made payable to GAR will be rejected)
  • If there are any past due balances or late fees on your account, they must also be paid in full before processing.