GAR CE Policy
90% Rule/Late Policy
- According to the Montana Board of Realty Regulation, course attendees cannot miss more than 6 minutes of any hour of the course and still receive credits. Therefore, those arriving more than 6 minutes late to the course or returning from break more than 6 minutes after class has resumed may still attend the course but will not receive credit. Courses will be monitored by instructors, and there will be absolutely no exceptions.
- Members and Non-Members who sign into a course and are unable to stay for the entire duration of the course per the 90% Rule/Late Policy are responsible for notifying the course instructor, a course monitor, or GAR staff to ensure that their name is crossed off of the attendee list.
- Members and Non-Members who attempt to purposely deceive by signing in to a course and failing to stay for the entire duration of the course per the 90% Rule/Late Policy will not receive credit for the course. They will also be suspended from registering for or attending any GAR-sponsored education events for 30 days.
Registration for GAR CE Courses
- Members and Non-Members who register for a GAR CE course and fail to attend the course for any reason will be assessed a no-show fee. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The no-show fee must be paid in 30 days. If the no-show fee is not paid in 30 days, the GAR Board of Directors will determine the appropriate course of action.
- The no-show fee must be paid before the attendee can register for or attend any further continuing education events hosted by GAR.
- The GAR Board of Directors will determine the amount of the no-show fee annually.
- Members and Non-Members who do not register for a course by 4 pm MST the last business day before the course will not be allowed to attend the course.
- GAR is not responsible for the failure of a course attendee’s name to appear on the registration list the day of the course. To ensure proper and timely entrance into all GAR-sponsored education events, GAR highly recommends course attendees bring a copy of their course registration confirmation with them to the course. If an attendee’s name does not appear on the registration list and they do not have proof of course registration confirmation on the day of the event, the attendee will not be permitted entrance into the course.
- Course registrations are non-transferable. No exceptions.
Waiting Lists for GAR CE Courses
- Members and Non-Members who register for a course that is full will be placed on a waiting list for the course. If somebody who is registered for the course cancels their registration by 4 pm the last business day before the course, registrants will be moved off the waitlist in the order in which they were placed on the waitlist. GAR staff will contact anybody moved off the waitlist by 5 pm the last business day before the event to let them know they are officially registered for the course. If a Member or Non-Member who is on the waitlist does not receive confirmation that they have been moved off the waitlist by 5 pm the last business day before the event, they should assume they are not registered for the course and will not be granted entry into the course.
Cancellations for GAR CE Courses
- Cancellations are not permitted after 4 pm the last business day before the course. Any cancellation after 4 pm the last business day before the course will result in the assessment of a no-show fee to the attendee.
- For GAR members, the no-show fee must be paid in 30 days. If the no-show fee is not paid within 12 months, the fee will be added to the member’s next annual GAR dues bill. The no-show fee must be paid before the attendee can register for or attend any further continuing education events hosted by GAR.
- For non-members, the fee must be paid in 30 days before the non-member can register or attend any further continuing education events hosted by GAR.
GAR Financial Support for Non-Continuing Education Credit Courses
- Due to the potentially high volume of non-CE courses, GAR will not financially support non-CE courses in any aspect, including but not limited to: food, beverage, meeting room, or any other associated expenses.
Approval of CE Courses where GAR is not the Sponsor
- GAR will not approve instructors or courses for CE credit if the course is not part of GAR’s schedule of CE courses. If a person or organization is seeking approval as an instructor or seeking approval of a CE course, and GAR will not be the sponsor of the course, GAR recommends contacting the Montana Association of REALTORS® for assistance with the approval process.